I was over at my cousin's house this weekend. I felt like baking something on Sunday night, so we did. It was just a simple cookie recipe, no chocolate chips or anything. Just some cinnamon and nutmeg. and they had some coffee ice cream from Trader Joe's, gosh it's soo yummy! I love how they have tiny specks of coffee bean (espresso beans?) in it!
Anyway, it's just a quick one today. Using a very similar recipe minus the brown sugar since I didn't have any, I made some chocolate chip pecan cookies this past Monday. Sorry no pictures! They were pretty good too! I love pecans in my desserts!
Browned Butter Chocolate Chip Pizookie
(adapted from "the little red house" blog)
1 1/2 cup flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 stick butter, browned
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/3 cup chopped pecans
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 stick butter, browned
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/3 cup chopped pecans
1. Brown the butter. Heat pan to medium, cut up the butter into small pieces and melt in pan. Stir continuously and butter will foam up. As the foam subsides, brown bits will appear at the bottom of the pan. The butter will release a nutty aroma, be careful not to BURN IT!
2. Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl, flour, baking soda, salt
3. Combine butter and sugar until well mixed. Add the egg and vanilla. Slowly combine all the dry ingredients. Add as many chocolate chips and pecans as you want :D!
4. Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet as big or as small as you want the pizookie. You just have to watch it more carefully so it doesn't burn.10 minutes is generally a good starting point, then you can check along the way after that.
0 comments:
Post a Comment