Sunday, July 10, 2011

Grilling day (gone down the drain...)

It was a beautiful Saturday.  A very lazy Saturday too.  But I had just bought some frozen Ono (a Hawaiian fish aka Wahoo), and I wanted to grill it! I also bought a pineapple, so I wanted to grill that too.  We had some shrimp and bacon wrapped steak, so why not? Let's grill that too!

I was EXCITED for dinner! I couldn't wait! The hours moved slowly, but we (my apartmentmate, Seiya and I) began prepping ingredients.
Shrimp: We marinated the shrimp in some garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper, a little bit of cayenne pepper, then tossed it with a bit of butter :P.
Ono: I seasoned the ono with some garlic salt, kosher salt, pepper, olive oil, saffron (note to self: it's too strong, don't use it again like this), and dried sage.  Also dribbled a tiny bit of red wine vinegar on it for some acidity since we were out of lemons.
Bacon wrapped steak: Salt and pepper
Pineapple slices
Onion rings
ANDD, after all of this, we go out and find the grills to be taken.  We only have two by the pool. The people were there until closing. And they didn't even clean up their stuff nor did they offer to share the grill. Sigh I should've just asked to share the grill. Oh well.

SO, we opted for our small indoor grill and made all of this at 9pm. YES, awesome late dinner! Here's some during/after grilling pictures!



[Sorry for the not great quality, it was about a good medium rare :D]

Yupp! Haha, so my apartmentmate just walked in and asked, "Do people even view your blog?" I responded, "No not really, unless I show them" His reply? "Then what's the point of having one?" Hmm good point. I need more views and followers on this thing.  I want to be popular like all the other food bloggers in the US :P! Well, I guess we'll see in time...

Daring Cooks challenge is coming up :D! I'd love to hear from you! Leave a comment or two and if you have any suggestions on what you want to see made, don't hesitate! I want to learn too!

1 comment:

  1. I view your blog! *pout*

    Besides, "It's better to write for yourself and lose your audience, than to write for the audience and lose yourself"
    --Souleye, composer for VVVVVV

    ReplyDelete