Friday, July 29, 2011

[Food] Trip to New York Day 3

You know what I really want RIGHT NOW? Ice Cream.  I also REALLY want an ice cream maker so I can make some homemade ice cream.  How fun would it be to make whatever flavor I wanted that day?  Anywhoos, back to the food. [or lack thereof]

I didn't take very many pictures today.  Lunch was a pizza place, close by our hotel. I don't remember the name.  The pizza was alright.  It was pizza.  Honestly, the only things that make it special are the crust and the quality of the toppings.  It definitely had a good crust, but pizza does not AMAZE me or blow me away.  I definitely have had good pizza that I really enjoy, but it is still pizza.

Dinner: I'm kind of sad I didn't take pictures here.  I think my camera was dying or I just forgot 'cause I was so hungry.  Well, whatever the reason was, I'm bummed.  It was a Peruvian/Chinese place.  First thought, "What the...random?" Such an interesting combination, but then I learned that there are Chinese people from Peru, so yes, it makes more sense now.
We had a DELICIOUS roasted chicken.  It was insanely moist, if only I could produce that moist chicken everyday, I would cook chicken everyday.  It had just a hint of 5 spice powder which gave it a nice flavor, but again the moistness of the meat is what I loved about it.  We had a steak, tomato, rice dish which was also very good.  [at least I think it was steak or was it fish?] But it was a really simple yet comforting and flavorful dish.  I believe we got a side dish of greens and another small thing, which I believe was Yuca.  I love yuca, it's almost like a potato in softness but has also a corn flavor? to it...it's unique and I like it, that's all.

Dessert! Bouchon Bakery!

Thomas Keller's bakery! I was so excited about this, but sadly, was disappointed.  We got three different cookies. Blueberry and cheesecake macaron, TK Oreo, and Nutter Butter cookie (not the real name).  The blueberry cheesecake one, just needed to be a different flavor.  The filling was really sweet and not as good of a combination as I originally thought.  It might be because it seemed to be half blueberry jam and half cream cheese mixture.  The TK oreo had no sweetness whatsoever.  and I think the filling inside was a little too dense for the cookie, not as dense as a real oreo which I did like, but not what I expected.  And the filling also had no sweetness.  The nutter butter cookie was probably my favorite out of the three.  Intensely peanut buttery and tasted like a good nutter butter, much better than the cookie you buy.  I think it's probably because the outside was a soft peanut butter cookie instead of dry, hard, peanut shaped rocks.

Then I walked in front of Per Se, took a couple pictures and took a menu for inspiration :D!

Sorry this was a word-y long post, hopefully the next one will have more pictures! Thanks for stopping by!

0 comments:

Post a Comment