My awesome cousin, Michelle (left) took us around for dinner everyday we were in New York, much thanks to her! We ate at...La Pizza and la pasta, we all got pasta because it was supposed to be better than the pizza :P
Beautiful light buttery olive oil and a thick syrupy balsamic vinegar, yes! It was so good, I devoured it with the bread....mmm....
We all got pasta, it was delicious, we got some premade pasta and some fresh pasta dishes. *drool* I freaking LOVE fresh pasta. I wish my camera was better just to take better pictures, sigh...damn, I need money.
We also got an antipasto platter, it had some marinated olives, mushrooms, caramelized red onions, and beets. Everything was really good! My favorite...I can't pick...lol...but I think the mushrooms were the least interesting.
MACARONS for dessert! YES! Freaking delicious! first store bought macaron ever! man SO much better than the ones I make at home. I have a lot to learn. I think they made it with the Italian method. I heard it's more forgiving.
Delicious desserts that I could not eat. But only look from afar.
Update: I'VE MADE MACARONS 3 days in a ROW, with the Italian method and they have ALL FAILED! So frustrating, it really is! I'm going back to making them the french way since it's for a birthday cake that I got to make tomorrow. Sigh, I guess there's a reason why they're one of the hardest cookies to make.
OH well, time to go dance off my frustrations.
0 comments:
Post a Comment