So originally I had two people for the 3 course meal, no big deal, I can handle that. Then 2 more people decided to hop on board the night before, whoops! haha so this morning I went to grab more food and a couple more plating things. Lol I stood in front of World Market waiting for them to open at 10am...I've never done that before..
MENU:
Appetizer: Balsamic beets, blue cheese crostini + Roasted tomato soup
Entrée: Honey glazed pork tenderloin, Asian pear-carrot salad w/ pomegranate vinaigrette + Cranberry sauce
Dessert: Poached pear + Red wine reduction + Vanilla bean-Orange Mille Crepe garnished with flambé-ed apples
I started cooking RIGHT when I got home. Made the crepe batter then the pastry cream. Tomatoes went in the oven to roast and cranberry sauce was boiling away. As the soup was simmering I began making crepes after the batter sat in the fridge for an hour. The crepe making took a long time! I finished up the cranberry sauce while the crepes were being made too.
Once the 15 or so crepes were done, I began assembling the mille crepe. Crepe, thin layer of pastry cream, crepe, pastry cream REPEAT! Stuck it in the fridge. Washing dishes in between all this of course! I finished at around 3:30pm.
Phew took a breather, gathered plates and whatnot. Slowly began getting my mind ready for what to do when they got to my place. I tried to cook a small piece of pork tenderloin, TOTALLY overcooked it, it was like a ROCK. Quickly made the chicken I was marinating for dinner. Tasting bits and pieces of the meal.
I started prepping garnishes, slicing the carrots, asian pear, toasted the baguette, began cooking the pork tenderloin and getting the poaching liquid ready for the pears before they arrived. HAHA HUGE FAIL on my part, I did not give them my number, so a couple of my guests had a hard time finding my place...lol, my bad guys!
Once they came, out went the appetizer. finished up the pork (undercooked so I kept having to stick it back in the oven). Began poaching the pears, prepping the plates for the entree. Served the entree and then showed them some flambe action! the flame was superr HIGH, did NOT take that into consideration! (glad nothing caught on fire...) But I think they enjoyed it! Reduced the red wine poaching liquid, served it in a shot glass :P! Slice of mille crepe, half a poached pear, yums!
Finally plated up the dessert and served. PHEW done! Washed the dishes after they left, still got some in the sink, but I'll do that tomorrow...
So tired now.
0 comments:
Post a Comment