1st Course: Butternut squash soup with a bit of a sour cream garnished with REAL bacon bits and chives
Probably the main issue with this one was the texture. It was a bit too much like puree. But I loved the flavor of it. Sweet butternut squash with all the little accents of the garnishes and sour cream. Good stuff.
2nd Course: Open faced NY steak sandwich on ciabatta bread with arugula, balsamic red onions, bbq sauce, and cilantro + mashed oregano red potatoes
Unfortunately for this one, I kind of toasted the bread too much, so it because SUPER crispy. Oops...and the mashed red potatoes weren't very warm. Glad i cooked the steak to a nice medium/medium rare though.
3rd Course: Apple pie with Dreyer's vanilla bean ice cream garnished with bittersweet chocolate
It was originally supposed to be a tart, but I had enough pie dough to make a cover, so, I turned it into a pie. Woot!
Can't wait to do this again!




Ooo what a lovely butternut squash soup! I was thinking of trying to make some too, but I was reluctant to try it. Yours looks delicious though--you've inspired me to want to make it :)
ReplyDelete