This time, I am not going to be like other food bloggers and pick the perfect pictures, make the perfect dish, etc.
This was my first time making lemon meringue pie. Many things went wrong, but I won't go into too much detail. All of the components, I pretty much made for the first time, which probably wasn't the best idea.
(looks like a face though huh? photo credit: Jon Chan, same day as post below)
1. Meringue - over beat and burnt
2. Lemon curd - I didn't wait for the pie to cool so it was still liquid-y and runny when I cut it. Quite saddened by that. But I had some extra so I put in the fridge and it set pretty nicely.
3. Pie crust - I think I overworked it. It was a bit tough for me and I had a hard time rolling out the dough
Next post: What I decide to do with the leftover pie dough and lemon curd :P
0 comments:
Post a Comment