Monday, January 17, 2011

Death to Whole Chicken

Muhahaha! (okay fine, it's already dead)

But I decided to spend a part of my day off, but chopping off the limbs of a whole chicken! It was fun! :D


I don't think I did too bad of a job. But the breasts were a little small...I also lost some skin on the thighs and breasts; I blame the not sharp knife. But I totally would not mind doing it again, the whole thing was only 2.50! So cheap!

AH! The carcass. I put it in a pot with an onion and some garlic cloves and let it boil away for a good hour or so. Voila, chicken broth! Sweet, first time making broth too! I can't wait to use it in risotto, make some good warm soup for the winter, maybe part of my upcoming Iron Chef battle, haha I guess we'll see.

Hope you had a great weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment