Yumm! Pie! I love pie, although I wish I was better at making it. Still can't seem to get the crust right. Well, practices makes better!
 |
| There's Lemon Curd under there I swear! |
My work schedule has been painful lately. I worked this past Thursday through today so far and I'm not getting a day off until this Thursday. Which prettyyy much means I'm working 8 days straight. Ugh. Oh well, I can't wait for my 4 day weekend and Christmas! :)
 |
| Ah! There it is! [Notice the shrunken, dying pie crust] |
Since it wasn't worth making the flight back home (sadness.) I'm going to meet my parents and spend some time with my relatives in Orange County. Hopefully it'll be really relaxing. I'll probably be sleeping a TON. Also can't wait to eat some home cooked food and not have to do any of the dishes :P
 |
| Italian Meringue, whipped and shiny. |
I did go to Cheesecake Factory this past Saturday to celebrate a couple friends' birthdays! Happy Birthday to Jon, Leslie and Joline :)! Another year older and another year wiser! I haven't eaten out with a bunch of friends in quite a while so it was really nice. Although I wish I wasn't so tired from work...would've been more enjoyable.
 |
| Piped with a plastic bag :P |
We watched Sherlock Holmes: Game of Shadows after dinner! It was pretty entertaining! Although we had some issues. We were kind of late to the 7:30pm showing so there were only front row seats left. Haha, I find it funny that front row seats are a good thing in any other context, except for movie theaters! So we decided to ask to push the showing back to 8:25pm.
 |
| Getting all nice and toasty on top |
But the guy who was making the changes kind of made a mistake so we couldn't make the 8:25pm showing. So we got pushed to 9:20pm. BUT! Because the guy made a mistake we got complimentary popcorn, drinks, and a free movie ticket for any movie we want! Although this meant VERY FEW hours of sleep for me since I had work the next day.
 |
| Sliced and going to be devoured! |
Although I survived :P! I am really tired, even now, but just ready to get through the week. In honor of Cheesecake Factory, I think I'm going to make a Kalua Cheesecake within the next couple of days :D! I hope it turns out yummy!
Up Next: Kale-Spinach Quiche
don't worry, pie crust still has a 50/50 success rate with me! I'd rather make macarons than pie crust!
ReplyDelete@the fatty chalupa
ReplyDeletehaha wow. I haven't made macarons enough to say that. I'd like to see some on your blog :)