Monday, December 26, 2011

Disneyland Food Adventure!

Yes! The place where all your dreams come true!  I went with my cousin and the parentals.  Long day of rides and walking, but fun!  Before I went, I just did a brief search on the restaurants in the park.  I decided on Cafe Orleans.  It doesn't sound as expensive as Blue Bayou and it seems like people like the food at Cafe Orleans better anyways.

Le Monte Cristo! Oh deep fried goodness!
This was my second Monte Cristo ever.  I liked the batter/fry on this one, but I liked the berry puree of the one that I had at Studio Diner.  But this one was pretty good.  I was SO in the mood for unhealthy fatty things and I definitely got my fill at Dland. And the strawberries/grapes were a nice tart cleanser afterwards.

Pomme Frites w/ Cajun Remoulade
Yup, fries. More greasy, unhealthy, goodness.  It has a lot of garlic on it and a good amount of parmesan cheese.  My favorites.  And the sauce...a cajun remoulade.  Maybe red from paprika and cajun spices, definitely some pickles or relish in there.  But it was gooddd! I would just lick it right out of the container.

French Onion Soup
My least favorite. French onion soup.  It was just kind of a salty beef broth with some sauteed onions.  The onions just didn't emit enough sweetness like they should with good carmelization.  It wasn't that great.  I think the French onion soup from Julia Child is way better.

Gumbo! Let the good times roll!
Gumbo! This had lots of good flavor. Seemed nice, deep and dark from the roux.  Thick, yummy, good.  That's it really. Some good stuff.

The Tigger one is my favorite :)
So my parents don't really like riding fast rides, so we rode lots of chill ones which is fine 'cause Disneyland has a lot of relaxing rides.  We ended up riding the Winnie the Pooh ride.  Haha, it was pretty cute.
But they have this store right outside selling all this stuff.  And there was a window where you could see people making these.  Marshmallows dipped in caramel, covered in chocolate, and then drizzled with more chocolate.  I think the Tigger [T-I-double Guh-ER] one was orange sugar.  We bought one with dark chocolate.  It was actually a lot better than I thought it was going to be.  I just thought it was going to be a burst of sweet, but the dark chocolate mellowed it out.

How much extra fat are you carrying around?
LOL! I just threw this picture in for fun.  Of course, AFTER I show pictures of super unhealthy food.  You know? To deter you from eating fatty foods and be healthy. :P

There was a walking exhibit called Innovention.  I had never even heard of it, but we decided to take a stroll inside.  There was lots of games, health things, model homes, cars, showing some of the latest advances in technology.  This particular picture came from the "let's be healthy" are.  How much EXTRA FAT are you walking around with? Ugh, 20 lbs looked freaking gross.

I did get to play a Kinect Michael Jackson dance game for a little bit.  So hard.  But now I really want one!  We also all tried playing Fruit Ninja where you use your hands to chop the fruit.  Twas fun!

Well after a fun, relaxing 4 day weekend, I have work tomorrow so I must sleep. Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas weekend! Good night!

Up Next: First Turkey ever!

0 comments:

Post a Comment