I wonder if with this spelling people might pronounce it as "dukbokkai". Don't know maybe I'm thinking like Japanese?
Anyways, I'm going back to my Korean roots. What? Chris is Korean?! Yes I am. If you didn't know that, you aren't my friend. I kid I kid. I went through about 3 years of college without some people knowing that I was Korean, some who I saw at least on a bi-weekly basis, but then again we didn't talk too much... :P
 |
| Ingredients for stock. |
So Koreans really like using dried anchovies to flavor their stocks. I never buy dried anchovies nor did I have any desire to go buy some, so I made some vegetable stock with onions, celery, carrots, and garlic. Yumm! I stuck it in some water, brought it to a boil, reduced it to a simmer for about 30 minutes.
 |
| Simmering dukbokki with the stock |
First batch was not very thick. I made it in a small pot. The second batch was wonderfully thick. Although I used a different Korean spicy paste (gochujang) for the second one so it changed the flavor a bit. It seemed like an Americanized one. I got it for free :P (kind of..paid for a ticket to enter a food exhibition).
 |
| First batch: not so thick :( |
I can't wait for January. I know I should probably say I can't wait for Christmas, but I might not be able to go home for Christmas 'cause of work. But in January, I'm meeting someone who started her own cake company and I want to intern for her. :D It sounds like good times!
 |
| Second batch: nice and thick :) |
I'm hoping to make some lemon meringue pie tomorrow too! :) The curd is already done (from the olive oil cake) just hoping the meringue will turn out yummy.
Recipe based off
here
Up Next: Shrimp cakes, like crab cakes but made with shrimp :P
0 comments:
Post a Comment