Deep frying things is actually a lot more fun than I thought! I've attempted to make fries both regular and sweet potato. But failed and they were just kind of cooked but not crispy. But this post is about beignets!
 |
| Beignets! Fried and dusted with powdered sugar! |
They're like donuts, but I like them better. Crispy on the outside, fluffy on the inside. But they need to be eaten right away. Once they get cold and sit around they become very meh. Oh! I guess that's why donuts aren't crispy on the outside 'cause they sit around. Oooh, now I get it...
 |
| Yeast nomming on sugar (left) and wet ingredients (right) |
This was my first time buying evaporated milk. I still don't really know what it is...one day I'll figure it out. Yeast is always fun to work with, watching dough get all big and filled with air...and big. Food is just fun! I really don't understand how people can go day after day cooking and eating the same thing =/ makes me sad.
 |
| Dough hook! (I rarely use it) |
My 8 straight days of work are over. Yes! Now I know why weekends exist. By day 6, I was really tired. And I kept waking up later and later. I'm SO glad they don't mind if I walk in late! I have a nice 4 day weekend and I'm spending it with my parents and cousins. I also got a young turkey from work! Yay!
 |
| Rise, dough, rise! |
I'll also be going to Disneyland tomorrow! Super excited! I haven't been there in quite a while and I finally get to do something relaxing (maybe...) and fun. But I hope I have enough energy to enjoy everything! It'll definitely be interesting with my parents as they don't like riding rides...But it'll be nice family time!
 |
| Frying them up! |
I change topics often, hope you don't mind! Quite often I wish I had started cooking at a younger age. I imagine what kind of experiences I would have had and techniques I would have learned. I wonder how much better I would be? Maybe I would make less mistakes? But hey, it's NEVER too late to do anything. Must pursue dreams and passions!
 |
| Golden brown! |
I'm tired from work and driving and being stuck in traffic for 2.5 hours. I've been rambling. Time to shut my brain down. Good night!
Recipe can be found
here (I've been using a lot of Anne Burell's recipes lately, probably because I've been watching Secrets of a Restaurant Chef on Food Network) Even though some of the stuff she says is ridiculous, her personality really shows how much she loves food and what she does. I got to learn to express myself like that.
Still haven't shut down brain! Okay until next time!
Up Next: Kbbq or Kalua Cheesecake
0 comments:
Post a Comment