Me: It's kind of like brown sugar sticky syrup, actually I don't know...
[not verbatim]
Yeah so apparently I really don't know what pralines are. Yay for wikipedia! What I got from it: Sugar syrup coated nuts. And many variations based on where you are from and can be the filling of Belgian chocolates!
America uses cream to make the praline candy. Almost like a taffy or caramel.
Alright now for the food! I made this one late morning for brunch (intended for breakfast but I woke up late :P)
I got the recipe from 150 Best American Recipes. And I got the cookbook from a good friend of mine, Jon C.! Thanks man! Love you!
Yum, brown sugar sticky syrup and nuts!
Click "Le Jump" if you want to read more!
I really liked this recipe since it was all done in one oven proof skillet and the oven! Super simple and tasty!
Very typical French toast: French bread soaked in eggs, milk, vanilla, cinnamon. It was put on top of a melted butter, brown sugar, and pecan mixture! Yes! Awesome!
I hope to use the cookbook some more! Haha so many things I want to cook and bake! Alright got to get ideas and more recipe resources for my friend's bridal shower! Hope you enjoyed!
Thanks for stopping by and reading! Keep cooking! It does a body good!
0 comments:
Post a Comment