Friday, August 19, 2011

Pan Roasted Duck Breast + Asian? Slaw

Well the reason I have the question mark in the title was 'cause the slaw was composed of red cabbage, carrots, mayo, ketchup, and sriracha.  Oh and a little bit of balsamic cherry salsa.  I guess the sriracha makes it Asian....Anyways it was originally for the duck tacos that I made with my friend, Meagan. So I just combined it to make a slaw.  Yay, leftovers!


Mmmm, crispy skin...and pink duck breast, yum.  Hope it's okay for me to eat :P

Click "Le Jump" if you want to read more!!

I based the recipe off of www.closetcooking.com
This guy is really creative I love seeing what he comes up with.

I coated the duck breast skin with cumin, chile powder, salt, and pepper and let it sit in the fridge for a little while.  I seared the skin side as well as the flesh side and popped it in the oven at 400 degrees F for about 9 minutes.

Oh btw, I LOVE duck fat, I sauteed some potato rounds in it...freaking DELICIOUS!


If only duck wasn't so expensive...
Meagan is going to send me pictures of the food we made hopefully by Sunday, we'll see if i can get it up then. Thanks for stopping by!

0 comments:

Post a Comment