You know? I actually don't know if it's spelled "portobello" or "portabello" or even "portabella". *googles it* well apparently other people don't know either. Oh well.
I felt like grilling something this past weekend and decided to try grilling portabello mushrooms. Unfortunately the grill at our apartment complex heats up really slowly and due to my impatience I didn't wait for it to get hot enough, so there wasn't a nice sear on them or anything.
I searched online to see how people prep their mushrooms before grilling and seems like most people marinate them. I took some olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, a little cayenne, dried sage and garlic, and let the caps marinate for an hour.
I also roasted some garlic while they were marinating because I love garlic and mushrooms.
I had some corn tortillas leftover from a previous potluck and so I popped those on the grill as well, they got nice and toasty and crunchy.
To act as a "sauce" I used hummus as a base, but that probably wasn't a good idea. It was TOO overpowering and I couldn't taste the mushrooms too well. Although, by themselves, the mushrooms were really tasty and juicy.
Although interesting thing happened, after I ate a couple bites of the "pizza" my throat and chest started hurting. I was wondering if maybe I was having an allergic reaction the mushrooms or maybe I just wasn't chewing my food well enough. So then I just stopped eating them. No break outs or anything afterwards, so I'm not sure what it was. I'll see the next time I eat a portabello mushy.
Up Next: Pork tenderloins...
0 comments:
Post a Comment