Monday, August 15, 2011

Pork Tenderloin two ways

I went to Bristol Farms with the intention of getting venison...they do not have venison.  I think I might have to go to a meat shop or something.  Or maybe I didn't look hard enough.  Anyways, I was standing in front of the butcher section for like...10 minutes deciding on what to cook. In the back, I saw some pork tenderloin, hmm...I haven't made that before.  Then I saw some bacon.  Aha! Bacon wrapped pork tenderloin! And I can mess around with whatever I have leftover.


I attempted to honey glaze the other half of the tenderloin while it was baking, it KIND of worked, but not really.  I probably needed more honey.  Also I put it in the oven in the pan I was cooking it in, so it over cooked on the bottom.  It turned grey, ew.


and the accompaniments...

Click "Le Jump" if you want to read more!


I had some carrots at home and I bought a green apple.  Although apples aren't in season, oh well.  I made a sort of apple-carrot slaw.  I made a vinaigrette with red wine vinegar (a bit too much), honey, olive oil, salt, pepper, the usually stuff.

Then I also bought some cherries, a bit late for the good cherries, but they aren't too bad.  Not the sweetest cherries I've had.  But I decided to make a cherry sauce.  I think I added a bit too much water since it tasted a bit diluted and added some sugar to sweeten it up.  I also think I could have reduced it more to make it thicker. But cherries and pork work pretty well together in my opinion.  [I'm pretty sure I've heard something like it or else I wouldn't have come up with the idea...]


See the grey bit on the bottom? OVERcooked...And while I was bringing the plate over the sauce kind of went all over the place another indicator that it wasn't thick enough...

Anyways, it was fun overall, thanks for reading and give cooking a try if you haven't, it's healthier, it saves money, sometimes time, depending on what you make and how quickly you work, but I think it's well worth it!

Up next: maybe an trip update or some food that I'm gonna make with a friend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment