Yeah, Ono again, well I bought a bunch from Costco so gotta finish it up right?
I went to Henry's today. Apparently they combined with Sprouts, but I guess this one hasn't changed to Sprouts yet. Anyways, I actually recently cooked duck (will post it later) for the first time yesterday and of course, saved the duck fat. DROOL. duck fat makes everything better.
So back to Henry's, I went to buy some potatoes to cook with the duck fat. I didn't really intend to go there for too much else, but I bought some mint, lime, honey goat cheese and thought maybe it could go nicely with the Ono.
I suck at making mint sauce, coulis, etc. I can't get it smooth, maybe I don't have enough mint...anyways, it wasn't bad, just the consistency was off. Oh and the color, ugh, it started turning brown...But other than that it worked well with the fish, added freshness and a bit of kick.
The goat cheese wasn't on here, I just ate a little bit with the potatoes. I kind of wish I got the plain goat cheese, not the honey one, but the added sweetness was different.
Anywhoos, thanks for stopping by, I believe a duck related post with be next, just waiting for the pictures from my friend who has a DSLR, hopefully the quality won't suck with I put it on blogspot or something...
0 comments:
Post a Comment