Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Fish Katsu and Curry (from a box)

Yes, curry from a box.  As delicious as curry is from scratch, I usually don't have all the ingredients on hand, so I made curry from a box.  I was REALLY craving curry.  SO I made a huge pot for lunch and it lasted me quite a while.

That day there was a meeting at our apartment and I had forgotten, so I waited until it was over to make food.  By then it was 9:15pm.  Gah! So late! I had some Ono defrosting in the fridge so I wanted to cook that.  I didn't have any eggs, so I just dredged the fish in some seasoned flour and as many panko breadcrumbs as I could.


Let's take a look inside...

Click "Le Jump" if you want to read more!



Phew it wasn't super over or under cooked.  I was worried 'cause the inside of the fish was still a little cold.  But it was pretty tasty.  I just shallow fried the dredged fish and it turned out nice and golden brown!  I think it could have used a touch more salt in the flour but the curry has a ton of flavor already.

I LOVE the crispiness of katsu with the warm, smooth, spicy curry.  The curry just had potatoes, carrots and onions, so I got to pair whatever meat I wanted over a few meals.

Up next: Deviled eggs! I wonder why they are called deviled eggs? I guess they're worse for you than regular eggs, but still...

0 comments:

Post a Comment