Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Spinach and Lamb Lasagna

wow! it has been WAYY too long since I last posted anything
but beware the next few days, will be lots of posting-age because I have fallen behind...

I made lasagna 'cause it really simple and great to keep and eat for a couple of days.


I bought some Merquez Lamb Sausages from Bristol farms the other day. Man lamb is soo yummy I love it! You should give it a shot if you've never had it. It has a very distinct taste, kind of game-y, but I really enjoy that!


I layered this one with a bechamel sauce, not the usual tomato sauce, spinach and lamb sausage. So creamy and good! HOWever, I did use a no-boil lasagna. DO NOT DO THIS UNLESS YOU WANT DRY LASAGNA. On top of that, my sauce was a cream based sauce and lacked moisture so the pasta dried out quickly. Just boil your own lasagna first, it's worth it, trust me...

Yup, it's fun to make, you can layer lasagna with anything you want! It's so versatile and great for the college kid who is "too busy" too cook!

1 comment:

  1. yeah i totally know what you mean by "gamey." lol not my thing but whatever floats your boat right? :)

    ReplyDelete