We used chicken thighs with the skin and bone on. Underneath the skin we put sourdough bread, cranberries, pistachios, orange zest, butter, tarragon, I think that was it...We stuck it in the oven and let it roast. There was this sweet orange sauce with orange juice, orange zest, brown sugar, and white sugar. It was really yummy! The recipe also called for caramelized figs, but unfortunately I couldn't find fresh figs =/ sadness.
Saturday, November 27, 2010
3 Course Meal part 2
This was the entree that Seiya and I made. I was inspired by Junior Masterchef, one of the dishes a 9 year old made. yeah I know, it sounds sad, but they are crazy crazy amazing, you should watch it if you have the time :P

We used chicken thighs with the skin and bone on. Underneath the skin we put sourdough bread, cranberries, pistachios, orange zest, butter, tarragon, I think that was it...We stuck it in the oven and let it roast. There was this sweet orange sauce with orange juice, orange zest, brown sugar, and white sugar. It was really yummy! The recipe also called for caramelized figs, but unfortunately I couldn't find fresh figs =/ sadness.
This dish kind of felt like a mini thanksgiving meal to me. haha I guess the cranberries made it feel that way :P part 3 is coming up soon!
We used chicken thighs with the skin and bone on. Underneath the skin we put sourdough bread, cranberries, pistachios, orange zest, butter, tarragon, I think that was it...We stuck it in the oven and let it roast. There was this sweet orange sauce with orange juice, orange zest, brown sugar, and white sugar. It was really yummy! The recipe also called for caramelized figs, but unfortunately I couldn't find fresh figs =/ sadness.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment