Thursday, November 25, 2010

3 Course Meal part 1

Hey everyone! Happy Thanksgiving! I hope yours is filled with moist turkey, good times with family, and good food!

This past Saturday I made food with my apartmentmate. It's pretty funny because I've been influencing his cooking a lot. He used to make lots of boxed asian things, now he's baking salmon with lemon, hehe :D. It's great!

This was the first course, seared scallops with pesto!


I made the pesto with almonds 'cause other nuts are too expensive :P It was interesting, I need to remember to use less nuts and more basil, because it tasted a bit too nutty. It was still good though, and had a bit of a spicy kick to it with some black pepper.


I tried wraping a second one in already cured prosciutto. Not that great of an idea. It was too salty and overpowered everything. Although I would like to try it with pancetta someday!


The other two parts of the meal with come later! Have a great thanksgiving!

2 comments: