Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Popcorn-Pistachio Treats

I want beautiful pictures.  I want a second shot at Masterchef. I want to always make delicious food. I want to be more creative with food.

There are so many things in this life that I want.  So many desires, yet at the same time, lacking the desire to fulfill those desires if you get what I mean.  Ever since graduating college, it has been so HARD to get motivated and move forward.  I want to hold on to so many things in the past when I felt like life couldn't get any better.

But here I am.  I don't know why I'm getting a bit more personal with this blog.  It should be dedicated to food and will forever be, but I think I need a place to just let out a bit of feelings and what's on my mind.


LOOK and all that marshmallow-y yumminess! Anyways, I was watching Giada at Home on Food Network and saw her making this popcorn treat thing.  It's like rice krispie treats but with popcorn she says! Well, it's Halloween, I want some sweets, so here goes. I bought a bag of kernels. Yes, the ones you pop yourself.  I actually popped my own popcorn!! and it was super simple, better results than a bag and of course a million times cheaper.


Oh, marshmallows...How you cause so much messiness!  I had to use a lot more Pam than I'm used to 'cause it's so sticky!  But, it was fun to make!  Giada put a bunch of crushed up candy and candy bars on her's and some almonds for a salty bite.  I liked the idea of the salty bite, but not so much the candy.  Since the marshmallows were so sweet already, I just wanted to add some salt, so I chopped up some pistachios and sprinkled it on top.  Adds a nice green color too!

I've been munching on this ALL day today.  I finished it with some help from my apartmentmates. But yeah, I'm going to have major cavities...

Up next: No idea, when I get inspired.

0 comments:

Post a Comment