Friday, November 18, 2011

Day 2 and Hiatus

Just to get it out there first.  I'm going to take a hiatus from my blog.  Which means I will be back, but I'm not sure when.  I'm doing it for various reasons, none of which I want to talk about here. Please just bear with me.

Day 2!!
I took a nap yesterday for about 3 hours and I had the hardest time going to sleep, so I think I slept at like 12am which meant I only got 4 hours of sleep.  Ugh, and it wasn't the most restful sleep either.  I had a hard time getting up but once I enter that kitchen adrenaline just kicks in and I got to work! :)

There's something exciting about pressure in the kitchen.  When they give you deadlines that these dishes need to be done by 11:30am or you see the ginormous shelves full of dirty dishes that need to be washed and could not possibly finish by the time you get off work (Well, we actually didn't finish all the dishes, but my shift is 8 hours, nothing more).  Although at around 10:30am, I had a slight energy drop, since we didn't get a break at the 4 hour mark.

Lunch break = energy killer.  Once I step outside to nom on the food, I just want to sleep.  Yet, once lunch is over and I'm back in the kitchen, I'm ready to go :D! I wish I felt that way about everything...

I got to help organize stuff in their fridge today.  It was a nice short change of pace.  I tried to organize the cheese.  Man I love cheese.  They had goat cheese with ash, mont chevre goat cheese (I believe it's mentioned in the movie, Ratatouille) parm, stilton blue cheese, a few cheeses/brands I didn't really know, but they looked yummy.

Phew, but now I'm home, ready to shower, chill for a couple hours, and go to sleep, then wake up, eat, then sleep again :D!
Good night and I will be back on my blog someday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment