Saturday, November 5, 2011

Two Pork Chops in One

My life is so uneventful.  I'm trying to hang out with more people though, so trying to fill up my schedule.  But I did have a stay in my PJs all day today! :) Although I have been sore in random places lately, no idea why...

I bought 6 pork chops about 3 lbs worth this past weekend.  Soo, I pretty much had pork all week.
Can't get enough!
I froze two and the first 4 I marinated.  I put in some sake, soy sauce, sriracha (awesome in a marinade :P), honey, salt, pepper, brown sugar, sesame oil.  Pretty tasty I must say.  I tried cooking them different ways to see what works for me.  I think the best was searing it then popping it in the oven.  I tried just baking it but it never got good caramelization (is that a word?).


This post is dedicated to the last two pork chops! I just pan seared this one.  I rubbed it with some salt, pepper and dried sage.  It was nice and flavorful, but for some reason, one side kind of bulged out.  It might be due to the overcooking and the meat seizing up.


I roasted some fresh brussel sprouts straight from the stalk! It was really cool seeing them that way instead of in a plastic bag or already picked off.  I just coated them with olive oil, salt, pepper, and some curry powder for some kick.  It was going well until I overcooked them and the outsides were burnt. Sadface. But still good flavor!


This last one I broiled.  I left it in there just a tad too long 'cause it was tough.  But it was flavorful! I pretty much used the same marinade as the first 4 but omitted the sweet elements. Twas nice!


I made some orzo, rice shaped pasta, pretty cute pasta. Tossed with spinach, sauteed garlic, and a cheddar/gruyere cheese.  Pretty tasty.  Probably could've used a touch more salt, but that's what the cheese is for :P!  Yums, Italian-Asian fusion (HAAA! do you know what I'm referring to? :P)

Still love pork :D
Up next: Sweet potato fries and finishing off those brussel sprouts!

0 comments:

Post a Comment