Monday, November 7, 2011

Homemade Pizza

First time making pizza dough! Sadly it did not rise.  I used old yeast and probably not enough, so it didn't bloom and that's what I get for being impatient and cheap.  Oh well, next time!



Regardless, it was delicious!  It wasn't the ideal pizza dough or anything, but it wasn't bad either. I decided to top it with some shredded mozzarella cheese, caramelized onions, spinach, sauteed mushrooms and garlic, and a fresh gruyere-cheddar cheese.  I ended up sauteing the mushrooms and garlic in the same pot as the onions so I deglazed the pot with a bit of red wine which further enhanced the earthiness of the mushrooms.  Hehe and the mushrooms were so tiny...probably out of season...


Yeah, I bet some of you guys are like, "What? No tomato sauce and no meat?!" Yeah no meat or sauce.  I would've, but I'm actually trying to see how long I can go before I buy more groceries, making sure I eat everything before I buy too much and also before things spoil, cause that's nastayyy! I actually kind of liked it with just the cheese.  I LOVE cheese...


And I LOVE how you can add so much flavor with some simple ingredients if treated well!  Caramelized onions are freaking amazing.  All the sugar is drawn out so it's super sweet and melts in your mouth.  I love it! Hope this inspires you to make your own pizza someday instead of ordering one.  You can make it with whatever you want, your favorite toppings and even make the crust all your own.  Maybe I'll trying making a stuffed crust next time...

Up next: I'm thinking vanilla cupcakes with orange cream cheese frosting and topped with some Reeses.

0 comments:

Post a Comment