Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Seared Scallops, baby! (and coffee blueberry sauce)

Man, I love scallops, I just can't get enough.

And coffee once again! I made this sauce really sweet. Inspiration from Kitchen 1540 Restaurant Week (post below if you even want to read all of it). I took about 2 parts water to 1 part sugar. Added in blueberries. Then about a tablespoon or so of coffee grounds. Then strained it all and put it back on the heat to reduce down to a syrup. Tasted pretty darn good!

Ahh scallops. Or seafood in general is very finicky. Once it's over cooked, it's over, kind of like every other kind of meat...but seafood gets really rubbery, blegh. Mine turned out pretty good, in my opinion. (also I apologize for lack of complete sentences, I'm running on 6-7 hours of sleep in two days). I seared them in some butter and olive oil on medium-high heat for TWO minutes, took the pan off the heat, turned the scallops over and cooked them for about 45 seconds. Good stuff! Just make sure that they are at room temperature :D


The Iron Chef Battle Coffee competition is in about a week. I can't wait!

0 comments:

Post a Comment