I really haven't been posting much lately. I am sad :(
I haven't been cooking much lately, which also makes me sad. Finals are coming up, lab reports are due, choreography needs to be made. Boo.
Well, this was a practice run for Epic Dinner. It was a mint and lime panna cotta. Panna cotta is pretty much cream and gelatin. Creamy jello, yay! It can be made in probably less than 10 minutes if you do a simple vanilla one.
I steeped mint leaves and lime zest in my panna cotta for about 20-25 minutes. I probably should've done it longer to get the flavors more incorporated. And unfortunately I couldn't taste the lime at all. I needed to put way more lime zest. And I added some blueberry sauce to make a simple design, yums.
Unfortunately for epic dinner, when I made this, I forgot the sugar, THE SUGAR! OF all things and of all possible days to screw up. I was pretty upset. So it was not sweet, tasted like nothing with a hint of mint and the lime did not come out once again. However, I was still glad I got to make it. Twas fun!
Some upcoming food projects: pan seared duck breast, blueberry-nectarine crisp, fish ceviche, sweet potato tempura, lasagna, blueberry sorbet...I hope I'm true to my word! See you guys next post! Cook something you've never made before this week and let me know in the comments!
0 comments:
Post a Comment