1. MY BLENDER SUCKS
2. I wish they sold SMALLER bottles of fish sauce
3. I keep forgetting to buy limes...
Yes, these are three problems that I have/come across often. I REALLY want a new blender. It's some old blender that my mom gave me from home. It's not very strong. OKay, I know Asians like their fish sauce. But when I went to Ranch 99 to buy the ingredients for this curry paste, HELLO GIANT BOTTLES OF FISH SAUCE! So I ended up not buying any. Yeah it probably would have made it taste a lot better! and LIMES, I love them, but they slip my mind so easily... :(

Okay, enough complaining! Chicken! Pan seared both sides, salt, pepper, paprika, popped them in the oven at 350 for about 10 minutes, checking periodically so you don't get dry chicken! Haha, I like taking them out and checking the thinner parts and cutting that off so it doesn't over cook, then stick the bigger pieces back in.

Okay, to be honest, it was missing a lot of flavor. It has the potential to have great flavor. Dried red chilis, lemongrass, garlic, ginger, paprika, shrimp paste, canola oil, coriander, peppercorns, and cumin. There were some other things like galangal and shallots that were supposed to go in, but I couldn't find it or have it. Overall, it was on its way to being a good curry, just missing the fish sauce and limes, so we'll see how my next batch goes!
yes, the coffee is missing I know. I'm going to be practicing a lot of things this coming weekend so be prepared!
0 comments:
Post a Comment