It ended up being a 17 course meal. Quite epic, ranged from tomato basil bisque, seared duck breast with honey thyme glaze, 72 hour short ribs cooked in a sous vide machine over parsnip puree. seared scallops with a corn puree, cheese plate...SOO MANY DELICIOUS THINGS! I'm sure pictures will be up soon!
This was a potential,but did not make it on the menu. I didn't have enough time to practice it and get it right.
It is a blueberry mousse cake with a chocolate almond sponge cake and a pistachio puree. I got inspired by a food blog and wanted to put in some raspberry jam and also actually put the pistachio puree in the cake as well. But not enough time to get it right.
I had a lot of cake so I made one four layers and another one three. Which one looks better? :P Oh but I guess it doesn't matter because this is one of those dishes (usually the case) that looks REALLY nice, but doesn't taste as good as it looks. The chocolate completely overpowered the cake, the blueberry mousse consistency was okay but could have been better if I strained it so no skins. But it was fun to make and exposed me to mousse!
Anyway, I am tired from standing up/cooking/eating/prepping for 14 hours so I will go to bed. The Daring Kitchen has released their daring cooks of the month challenge so I have to get that one going. It is a cold soba noodle salad and a tempura batter. SUPER excited to make tempura! Suggest some vegetables or things to deep fry in the comments! I'd love to hear from you guys!
0 comments:
Post a Comment