Thursday, February 16, 2012

Valentine Cake

Again NOT my valentine :P! For someone else's girlfriend, don't get the wrong idea, heh. I was also very glad to make this cake for my friend since he's like an older brother to me.  I made a chocolate cake with coffee buttercream covered in strawberry buttercream (yes it's a lot of buttercream) drizzled with chocolate.

I like simple decorations.

During my test run I did a slightly different cake.  I used strawberry buttercream for my final one since I had a lot leftover and it looks cute since it's pink!  But for the test run I used cinnamon whipped cream and tossed some cinnamon and shaved chocolate on top. Both were tasty!

Whipped cream trial run!

Hah, I would love to be able to frost/decorate better but that will come with time!  And what a better excuse to practice decorating than while making desserts for other people?  I'm really glad that the recipient and her housemates enjoyed the cake! There's nothing like the satisfaction of hearing what you have made for someone else was well received and delicious!

Heh, just needed a small amount of coffee buttercream.

I love music.  I really don't know what I would do without it.  You know that question? Which of your 5 senses would you be willing to give up? Hearing is probably the second to last one I would give up (last one being taste of course :P).  I enjoyed listening to music when I cook or bake but it also gives me a way to let off emotions and how I'm feeling.  It lets my body move freely to the beat just to get out how I feel without words.

Stupid cooling rack, leaving imprints on my cake.

Music is also a great way to change the mood. Heh particularly on Valentine's day :P, but that's long over with now.
What kind of music do you like listening to while you engage in your daily or favorite activities? Leave a comment below. I'd love to hear from you!

I hope the final cake was a lot more even...I will never know.

I don't really know how I got to music from cake.  But yes cakes are very fun to make and even more fun to eat! Go make one for someone!  Until next time! Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Lately I've been addicted to Hedley's Album "Storms" and listen to it on repeat:p

    ps: the cake looks delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete