GAH, Ahi tuna is EXPENSIVE! Of course I knew that upon buying it, but it hurts my bank account...a lot.
 |
| Ahi and balsamic honey |
This was a trial run for something that my church does called Progressive Dinner. It's a dinner where we have the same number of cooking groups and eating groups usually about 4-5 people each. Each cooking group prepares appetizer, entree, and dessert while each eating group goes to different houses for each course. Usually cooking groups have a theme, but we just gave up on that. haha...
 |
| Ahi and Sriracha mayo |
For this run I put the tuna over shaved asparagus and arugula. Yeah arugula did NOT work out. We had someone who was gluten sensitive so I couldn't use soy sauce as a component for a sauce. I tried three different kinds, balsamic and honey which was a nice sweet acidic kick, but it wasn't what I was looking for. Then I tried a sriracha mayo, yeah store bought mayo isn't that great and it just didn't work. Then I tried a lemon honey which was similar to the balsamic, but again just not great.
 |
| Ahi tuna is delicious! |
The night before I was searching online and found a menu that had an avocado wasabi sauce with their ahi tuna. Then my friend also sent me a recipe for some avocado wasabi sauce, so hah, that was my choice despite not trying it out.
The fish was nice, good to just let the fish do all the talking. It was just seasoned with salt and pepper and covered with sesame seeds. Seared on all sides and done!
Up next: MASA Iron Chef judging experience then full Progressive Dinner
0 comments:
Post a Comment