My friend, Joon and his
![]() |
| Congratulations! |
I was very honored and happy to make the cake for them. After he proposed to her, we had some food and things to eat. Oh maybe I should tell you how he proposed? He made a video showing some memories and sang with one of UCSD's acapella groups, the Tritones. He then read a passage in the Bible about how husbands should treat their wives, got down on one knee, and asked the question. It was super cute, touching, and man my heart could not stop beating.
| And picture quality goes out the window... |
Ah, I guess I should also tell you what the cake was. The fiance, Jess is very lactose intolerant so I had to find a dairy free cake and no buttercream. At 2 a.m. one morning, I remembered I made an olive oil cake once. Oh...duh! Let's go with that. I used this recipe. I made some lemon curd without any butter. Chocolate and lemon is nice together, great!
| Extra batter turned into cupcakes! |
Unfortunately, the day off, as I was assembling it, it didn't look very pretty...so I was told by my friend that there was vegan cream cheese. Oh gosh how could I forget?! I've used it in the past, so I rushed to Trader Joe's 3 hours before the proposal and came home and whipped up a simple vanilla cream cheese frosting. [my frosting ability sucks] The names were done with bittersweet chocolate. It was fun just messing around with chocolate. And the strawberries and cinnamon were last minute additions for color.
![]() |
| Cutting the cake :D |
It's so hard to believe, but I am SO happy for them! Jess and Joon, may your life together be blessed!
Photo credit: Joline [except for the cupcakes]


0 comments:
Post a Comment