I really don't bake cupcakes very often. I actually think one of the reasons why I don't like making them is because I have these cheap cupcake liners and old free muffin pans so the liners don't really fit when I put the batter in.
 |
| Pineapple cupcakes! |
Yeah they aren't the prettiest, but I was really happy about these...BECAUSE I made the entire recipe up. I was also happy about these cupcakes 'cause I didn't have any milk on hand so I thought pineapple puree would be a great substitute. Although I didn't measure things exactly, I have approximates, so the recipe will be at the end of this post. Haha, I wonder if anyone would actually try it...
 |
| Creaming butter and sugars |
And I think I've decided on my new favorite flavor of cupcakes, yup, pineapple. I love the brightness and the sweetness it adds to cake. Mmmm, mmm good! I used dark brown sugar because the pineapples are so sweet and acidic. I've been eating one cupcake every morning for breakfast :P Shh, don't tell my parents...or doctor...
 |
| Dried apricots! |
As I was making these cupcakes, I was reminded of these dried apricots I had at the farmer's market. They were great! They were just pure dried apricots with nothing added to them, had such a great flavor. But I didn't buy them because I had some store bought ones at home.
 |
| Ready to go in the oven! |
Hmm, I don't really know what to talk about...My days have been pretty empty. I've been reading a bit more of "On Food and Cooking" book. I'm learning so much just from reading a couple pages. It's like a dictionary and those books that go from A-Z with a bunch of information....oh my gosh, I don't know what it's called. Yup, I'm stupid.
And yeah, I'm just gonna post the rest of the pictures below..
 |
| Done! |
 |
| Hey, it actually looks like a cupcake on the inside! |
Yeah, not bad for a recipe straight out of my butt. Please let me know if there are any errors or things you need clarified. Thanks for stopping by!
Pineapple Dried Apricot Cupcakes
1 ⅓
cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 pinches of salt
1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, room temperature
¼ cup granulated sugar
½ cup dark brown sugar
2 large eggs, room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 Tbsp spiced rum
½ cup pineapple puree [can be substituted with crushed
pineapple]
½ cup dried apricots, diced
Pineapple puree:
-Cut ⅓
of a fresh pineapple into chunks. Cook
over medium heat with 2 Tbsp brown sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon, until fragrant and
softened. Blend until smooth.
Cupcakes:
-Preheat oven to 350.
-Line a regular12 cupcake/muffin tin with liners or
spray with non-stick spray.
-Whisk flour, baking powder and salt together in a medium
bowl. Set aside
-Beat butter and both sugars for 2-3 minutes on medium high
speed until well combined. Scrape down
bowl.
-Add eggs one at a time until combined. Add vanilla and
spiced rum. Beat on medium speed for about 5 minutes until light and fluffy.
Scrape down bowl.
-Add half of the flour mixture. Blend on low speed until
just combined. Add half of pineapple puree. Blend on low. Repeat. Scrape down
bowl.
-Add dried apricot and blend until combined.
-Fill cupcake tin until they are 2/3 full. Bake in the
middle rack for 18-20 minutes until a cake tester/toothpick comes out clean. Let cool and enjoy!
I just came across your blog, and look forward to reading more of your posts! and these cupcakes look delicious!
ReplyDeleteps: I added your blog to my blogroll, if that ok!
ReplyDelete