Disclaimer: This is NOT how you cook octopus properly. [and yes I know I've been really MIA]
 |
| Cooked curly tentacle :P |
I was really hungry okay? I just ended up searing the octopus and then eating it. Of course it was tough and nowhere near tender. I looked up how to cook it after I ate it :P There are lots of different methods and lots of disagreements on how to cook octopus to get it perfectly tender every time. Next time I buy octopus I shall try to do it right.
 |
| Tentaclessss! *wiggle wiggle* |
My roommate showed me this Japanese market called Nijiya. Everything is organic there and their seafood looks pretty top notch. So I bought some octopus and some miso paste. Then I saw the oranges on sale so I got those and decided to combine the miso and orange juice into a sauce. I tossed in some brown sugar for some sweetness and ended up with a nice salty, sweet, tangy sauce to pair with the octopus. Twas tasty!
Yeah I didn't take any pictures really, sorry about that! I honestly have no idea what I'm doing these days...except for work. I'll try to get something up for you guys but I've been having to adjust to my new schedule.
Hope you guys had a great weekend!
0 comments:
Post a Comment