This year has been pretty crazy! Lots of soul searching, trying to figure out what I'm gonna do with my life, good times with friends, family, turning 21 (hehe), having lots of cooking adventures, attempting to start a cooking show :P, so much has gone down this year.
Cookingwise, there have been many failures, but many successes as well. I have definitely learned many techniques, terms, flaws, etc, but I still have so much more learning and practicing to do.
Through cooking, I've also learned more of the kind of person I am. I am horrible at giving out orders or giving people tasks. I'm so focused on what I want it to be like in my head, I don't take the time to tell people who I'm cooking with what to do. Which also makes me fearful of being a chef in the future. I lack those leadership skills. I also fail at holding normal conversations when I'm cooking with people. So I apologize to those who I have cooked with and for not making it as fun as it could be.
I lack confidence. Why can't I be proud of something I've done? I always think everything I do doesn't turn out well. How can I produce something delicious if I don't think I can do it before I even start?
Anyway, enough with the downers. 2011 is just around the corner! I'll be graduating (hopefully) and then we'll see where my future takes me. As of now, I am most looking forward to Masterchef Season 3 auditions (assuming they have them). I want to rock the auditions and produce an amazing dish! Also many during the summer, I was looking at something for the CIA (Culinary Institute of America, not government :P). They have a boot camp where for a couple days to a week, they just teach you stuff, cook, and eat food! Might be something fun to do :D
Have a HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone!
0 comments:
Post a Comment