Yay for baking during the holidays!
Friday, December 24, 2010
Apple Cake
I made some apple cake with my mommy about a week ago. It turned out pretty good. But haha my mom forgot to put in baking soda and cinnamon and only because I reminded her to check the recipe, we put it in at the end. But it was still delish. Since the cake used chunks of real apple, it was SUPER moist. Like almost-couldn't-cut-it-in-half-undercooked moist.
I was practicing how to make pastry cream, so I decided to stick that in the middle. Yeah, I accidentally made custard since I forgot to put in the flour and cooked that on the stovetop. So I ended up with cooked eggs :P Whoops...
So I did it a second time and produced a decent vanilla pastry cream. I didn't really measure anything, so it wasn't perfect, but still good.
Yay for baking during the holidays!
Yay for baking during the holidays!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment