So I made dinner for my cousin, his girlfriend, aunt and uncle, their kids, and my grandma (10 people in all including my parents). Phew it was a lot of work, but fun! I took a few pictures prior to family arriving, but the lighting was bad so the quality isn't great. I couldn't take any while serving :P so the pictures that I put aren't the official plates that went out.
It was really nice and I was glad to have guests over! They all enjoyed the food, although I did get a plate sent back to me because the fish wasn't fully cooked :/ Haha, but it was fun nonetheless.
Entree: Pan seared Halibut placed on Whole Wheat Pasta mixed with a tomato, clam sauce all on top a bed of sauteed asparagus and string beans. (the one in the picture is actually Cod, it wasn't as good nor as expensive as the halibut, so we just used the halibut instead).

Why is fish so difficult...? Some of them were nicely done and moist while others were undercooked, but I guess that's better than overcooked. Anyway they seemed to enjoy it, although I've got more practicing to do!
Dessert: Lime and Orange Pot de Creme (two separate kinds) with a cranberry sauce.

This one also wasn't the one I sent out. This was made the day before and I tried making candied orange zest, but it didn't work out very well. And the texture of the custards weren't as firm as I wanted, but everyone still enjoyed it, so I was satisfied.
0 comments:
Post a Comment