I went to another farmer's market this past weekend! The one in Little Italy! It's pretty big in comparison to the UTC one. I saw some of the same stands too! OMG, the lemonade lady was there! I wanted one so badly, but it was chilly that morning.
I love looking at all the beautiful produce and sweet smelling fruits, and of course free samples. There were some cured meat stands and cheese stands. So good...but cheese is so expensive, sigh.
I wanted to make a tart from scratch this weekend and I definitely got some inspiration from the farmer's market. I found some lovely eggplant and some mini verde basil. Haha I had NO idea what it was. But it pretty much has the same flavor as big basil, just tiny leaves. How cute!
Click "Le Jump" to read more!
I did get to try some amazing gruyere cheese at the farmer's market, but it was just too expensive, so I bought some at Trader Joe's :P! I love that place too! I actually really liked the recipe I found for the crust. It was pretty easy to work with and even though I added a bit too much water, adding a bit of flour helped it hold it's shape.
Eggplant shrinks! Haha, I thinly sliced the eggplant and when layered, it reached pretty close to the top. But after it was baked, it shrunk to about half the size. OH well. I didn't add any salt to the eggplant, so when I took a bite I had realized it, but the cheese added nice flavor and I could taste the eggplant still, so I was satisfied!
With the leftover dough, I made some tartlets with the same ingredients the next day. Whee! Yay for once my own idea actually works. Now I just got to work on a tart crust!
Thanks for reading! See you next time! Leave a comment if you want the recipe and I'll post it!
0 comments:
Post a Comment