I told you about the bridal shower right? Last two posts? Haha, unfortunately for me the bride saw my posts. Oops, I wasn't aware it was supposed to be a secret. OH wells. I hope the ladies liked it...
and CONGRATULATIONS to SungGil and Tiffany Hong! I seriously CANNOT believe it, it is unreal! you guys aren't dating anymore??? Vattt? Yeah 3 days after the wedding and I"m still freaking out! Have a wonderful honeymoon!
Click "Le Jump" if you want to read more about the cakes and see a very "interesting" trial run.
The final version of the bridal shower cakes were a vanilla genoise cake with a tart lemon curd. The top was covered in yellow marshmallow fondant and drizzled with some bittersweet chocolate. I made the lemon curd too tart unfortunately, haha I have no idea if the cakes were eaten or not.
This was one of my trial runs. Same cake and filling, just covered in chocolate ganache and HORRIBLY decorated with green and yellow marzipan. I had some issues with the marzipan because my almond meal wasn't ground finely enough, so I think it had a hard time sticking together and kept breaking apart on me.
I actually made another cake that I never took pictures of because it was last minute, night before thing. It was a dried apricot cake with a berry preserve filling and topped with some melted white chocolate. I was too anxious and eager about the cake so I took it out of the pan TOO warm, so it stuck to the cooling rack and broke apart, so I could only salvage about 20 small circles of cake = 10 cakes.
Well, it was nice to blog again. I hope to cook some more in preparation for Masterchef auditions this year! I am UBER excited, but super nervous! I have no idea what I want to cook and as I'm getting MORE into cooking, there is less and less I know about it...
Hope you enjoyed reading my lovely essay! Thanks for stopping by! Feel free to leave comments and suggestions!
0 comments:
Post a Comment