Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Apple Tart + Blueberry glaze

I've been trying to work with tart dough recently.  It's been getting better ish.  Unfortunately, this post is the leftover dough so I couldn't make a full tart.  I just did a flat disk, so I guess like an apple pizza?

Anyways, I should've cooked the apples prior to baking, stupid of me.  They didn't get as tender as they could have.  But I pre baked the tart to stop it from becoming soggy.


Yay for close ups to hide the ugliness!


Now for ugly!

The apples were mixed with dark brown sugar, buckwheat honey, lemon juice, and vanilla.  I love buckwheat honey.  I bought it at a farmer's market.  It has a much more intense honey flavor and is less sweet as compared to its lighter counterparts.
I had some frozen blueberries that I need to use so I just boiled them down with a bit of sugar to make a syrup out of it and covered the apples in it.  Yay!

Sorry my posts have been getting shorter and shorter.  I wish I had some stories to tell, but I have a boring life.  Until next time, happy cooking!

0 comments:

Post a Comment