Friday, March 2, 2012

Beer-Cheese-Mustard Pull Apart Bread

Man, it's so hard to be consistent with blogging.  I don't know how some people put posts up every other day, they're nuts!

I've been on this...bread, yeast using phase.  It's so much fun and SO worth it.  I feel like I don't need to go to bakeries anymore...

BREAD!!!

I've been home since Tuesday night and so far it's been nice.  I've seen some old friends, baked a small cake, went out shopping, and attempted to dye my hair brown.  I say attempted because it was such a fail.  I can only kind of tell in certain light and from certain angles.   Oh and also in the sunlight.  Well, I'm going to redye it sometime next week and we'll see what happens :)

Yay for amazing dough cutting skills...

I made this bread with a good friend, Connie this past weekend.  Haha we didn't really think about the amount of time it took to let it rise and all that so we started making it at around 8:30pm.  YES for late night baking! I ended up getting home at around 1am.  Hah fun times! We ended up watching Hitch :P It was my first time despite it being out for a million years...I'm not on top of movies, okay?

All tucked in the loaf pan

The recipe we used was this one of course from Smitten Kitchen.  I don't know too much about beer but my friend suggested we use a Widmer Hefeweizen (which my friend pointed out to me is a not a dark beer as I had originally thought, but after looking online is a wheat ale).  Gosh it was SO good!  Such a nice deep flavor.  Why don't people like beer? I'm not an alcoholic I swear. Beer can add such nice flavor to things. Mmm MMm good!

I think next time we want to use a gruyere, maybe different flavors, but yeah bread making is a fun process.  We also threw a bit of jalapeno powder and some extra smoked spanish paprika to the cheese.  The mustard also gave a nice tangy kick to the bread. In the end it was like a really awesome soft fluffy grilled cheese!

I want moreee!

I'm actually going to be making a nice 4 course meal for my parents and some family friends.  Haha, yay for practice! :D I can't wait!  Until next time! Hope I don't forget to take pictures.

0 comments:

Post a Comment