Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Chocolate Cake + Blueberry [Vanilla] Buttercream

Hello everyone!

I am really sorry about not being consistent about my blogging.  I haven't really done anything worth blogging, also haven't been taking pictures lately either...I'll try to do a better job. Can't make any promises though 'cause no one likes it when you break a promise.


While at home, I got to cook some things. I made this cake with my good friend, Hope.  It's been quite a long time since I saw her, so it was nice catching up and even better that we got to make this cake together :D!  I used this chocolate cake recipe, so good and so moist!  I suggest you try making it too!


I also attempted to make some blueberry buttercream.  I tried to make a blueberry syrup and added it into the buttercream, but it mostly just changed the color of it.  I could taste it slightly, but it was hard to know it was blueberry.  So instead of just butter and confectioners sugar mixed in, I threw in some vanilla extract, so it was blue vanilla buttercream :P
It was still tasty, don't get me wrong, just wanted more blueberry flavor to come out.  And we topped it off with some strawberry slices.  Woot!


I also got an iPhone 4S while I was at home! First smart phone ever, man it has too many apps and too many features, but I love it! It has also turned into my new camera :P So hopefully pictures will be a bit better. My digital camera is like 5-6 years old so yeah, I'm pretty sure the iPhone has more megapixels.

Ah, I'll be baking for my cousin's wedding and she wants a dessert tasting this month so I'll be doing a lot of practicing, hopefully those will be up as I do them! Can't wait! Until next time!


1 comment:

  1. Ahhh good luck on your cousin's wedding! And don't worry, you'll soon become an iPhone whore

    ReplyDelete