So I decided to make these while I was making French onion soup. Haha, everything was very rushed and I kept running (literally) back to my room to glance at each recipe a couple times. But I was in the zone, it was very exciting! A nice way to spend the day after a long day at work (no classes on Mondays :D).
I took this recipe pretty much verbatim. Although I added a bit more cinnamon, it could have used more in my opinion, but it's there. These turned out much better than my blueberry-lime ones (see two posts below). They were more moist and the outside was nice and firm (is that the right word??) like muffins are supposed to be. Oh and btw, PAM is amazing! I wish I bought it sooner, now no need for muffin/cupcake liners (since I always forget to buy them)
I think if I were to make this again I would grate some fresh nutmeg in there. There's just something about cinnamon and nutmeg that allure me. But I was in a rush, so I decided not to. My onions were on the verge of burning, I swear!
Cinnamon-Pecan Muffins (recipe taken from baking.about.com) Honestly, I really don't like the fact that I took the first link that came up. Haha, I like searching for recipes on blogs or using recipes from some food bloggers I follow, maybe it's a pride thing, anyway, here's the recipe:
-1 1/2 cups AP flour
-1/2 cup sugar
-2 teaspoons baking powder
-1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (add more if you want)
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-1/2 cup chopped pecans, lightly toasted
-1 egg
-1/2 cup milk
-1/4 cup vegetable oil
Note: Sugar is considered a wet ingredient, although in this case the way that it is listed, makes it sound like it's a dry ingredient. I personally think sugar should go in the wet mixture and that is how I did it.
Note #2: Okay, I didn't really do the recipe verbatim, but it wasn't very detailed anyways, so here's my version a bit more detailed and hopefully save you a bit of time.
1. Toast the pecans in a dry skillet over medium heat for several minutes. Make sure it doesn't burn, it's just to release the oils and flavor.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt. Add the pecans and mix with a whisk.
3. Preheat oven to 400 F. Grease a muffin tin or line with cupcake liners. Fill remaining three spaces with water. (I think to steam them a bit and also so it's not unevenly heating the empty spots, but to be honest not sure)
4. In a medium mixing bowl, combine wet ingredients: egg, milk, vegetable oil, and sugar.
5. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, pour in the wet ingredients, and mix until just combined. Do not overmix.
6. Fill each muffin tin about 2/3s full. Bake for 20-25 minutes and let cool on a cooling rack.
Enjoy!
Next up: French onion soup, gah one of my favorites. I was inspired last night at around 2am, yup, best time to be inpsired!
Thanks for stopping by!
0 comments:
Post a Comment