This one was rushed. I did it two nights before we could submit it and made it at like 11pm. So sad.
Renata of Testado, Provado & Aprovado! was our Daring Cooks’ April 2011 hostess. Renata challenged us to think “outside the plate” and create our own edible containers! Prizes are being awarded to the most creative edible container and filling, so vote on your favorite from April 17th to May 16th at http://thedaringkitchen.com!
Come join me, please! and we can make things together!
For my edible container I roasted some sweet potato until they were toothpick tender. Peeled off the skin, and used a spoon to make a bowl/boat. For the filling, I used really cheap tri tip that is probably meant to be marinated or slow cooked so it would have been tender, but I couldn't. So I cut them up thinly, salt, pepper, a little smear of whole grain mustard and to finish the dish off, I added some lime zest. It was nice, subtle, a little sweet, salty, and a tiny kick of lime. (like from a toddler's foot)
Anyway, a short and sweet one, school is starting to catch up with me. Hope you enjoyed!
Next up: Creme brulee and sharing my experience at the Gala Celebrity Chef event this past weekend!
The combination sounds delicious. Thanks for joining in even with a tight schedule!
ReplyDelete