Saturday, March 26, 2011

Sweet Potato (Yam) Mash and Asian Marinated Chicken

I haven't updated my blog in a while, and I haven't been taking too many pictures of my food lately either. Sorry guys! Here's a short and sweet one!

This was an old one, I think maybe a couple weeks ago. Although, the day I made this, I couldn't find my wooden spoon (it has kind of been my mashed potato making tool since I don't have a potato masher). So sad! Then I remembered one of my apartmentmates borrowed it. And guess what? He left it at his friend's apartment, boooo! Oh well, I think I just used a fork.

Anyway, I had some leftover yam from the Daring Cook challenge so I just turned it into mashed sweet potato, yum. I love yams...
The chicken was marinated in some soy sauce, a bit of lime juice, chinese 5 spice, cilantro, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper. I think that was all that was in there...


Surprisingly these two worked together well. The saltiness of the chicken contrasted with the sweet yams. Yummy, I really liked it, it made my tummy happy. And yay for ring molds (although this one didn't work out too well).

Anyway, the Daring Kitchen, Daring Baker challenge should be up next! Can't wait

0 comments:

Post a Comment