I just finished making these today :) Man, these are tough cookies!
But after my third try, I've finally gotten a product that I'm satisfied with. They're so fun to make, maybe 'cause of all the anticipation, but I enjoy making these guys!
I didn't do any fancy colors or anything like that. Just white macarons. Simple. I made a bittersweet chooclate-mint ganache to go in the middle. Although it could have used a tad bit more peppermint extract, the refreshing mint still came out. (Yes, I didn't have fresh mint, if I did I would have used it)
I baked them in the middle rack at 300 for about 8-10 minutes. I had three separate batches and was thrilled when I saw "feet" on all of them :D
Although, as you can see from the picture below, a few of them were damaged as I was removing them from the parchment paper.
Assembling them was pretty fun. Initially I didn't know how much to put and one of my first ones, I put way too much as you can see in the top left corner of the picture below. :P Hehe, gave me an excuse to eat one!
My ganache was a bit too runny for my liking. But it still worked in the end. I hope it sets nicely in the fridge! I cannot wait to try these again! I hope my lab classes enjoys them tomorrow; they are for a potluck.
I wonder what I'm gonna make next! If you'd like the recipe PLEASE comment below, I am a bit busy with school as I'm going to be graduating this quarter! I gotta make sure I pass my classes (hm, maybe I shouldn't be baking either for that matter..)
Thanks for stopping by! Give cooking a try if you haven't! If you have, keep cooking!
0 comments:
Post a Comment